|Fire still under investigation
FPS staff report
February 27, 2013
State Fire Marshal John Weber continues his investigation into the death of Edgar H. Grimes in a house fire Tuesday evening.
Grimes, 80, was seen entering his residence at 9022 Bachelor Rd., NW, Magnolia, approximately two hours before a neighbor reported the double wide home on fire at 4:18 p.m.
According to Sheriff Dale Williams, neighbor Verl Harlan said Grimes heated his home with an indoor wood burner located in the basement of the residence.
Grimes was found deceased in the basement. He was removed by EMT Ambulance and transported to the Stark County Morgue.
Magnolia Fire Department, along with members of Waynesburg, Great Trail, Carroll County, Sandy Twp., Dellroy and East Sparta fire departments were on scene for several hours.
Sheriff Williams noted members of Magnolia Fire remained on scene until Weber returned this morning to continue his investigation.
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.
©2013 The Free Press Standard
Carrollton Free Press Standard P. O. Box 37, Carrollton, OH 44615