FPS staff report
April 27, 2010
A longtime Carrollton teacher at Buckeye Career Center has reached an agreement with the Board of Education regarding his retirement.
At their April 20 meeting, the Board voted 5-0 to approve an agreement with Lynn Anderson, longtime auto body instructor and most recently Core Trans instructor for a retirement to be effective 120 days after the beginning of the 2010-11 school year. By that time, Anderson will have 35 years of service at Buckeye.
In other personnel matters, the Board approved a continuing teacher contract for Bryan Raach, special education instructor, and employed Amanda Bisesi on a one-year limited teaching contract to instruct at the newly created vocational agriculture satellite for East Holmes Local School district.
The Board also approved John Friscat and Dena George as teaching substitutes for the remainder of the current school year.
Limited teaching contract renewals were approved for the 2010-11 school year for the following:
One-Year: Katrina Bundy, Marcie Buschko, Trent Edie, Stephanie Helle, Tia McCoury, Tyrone Mille, Michael Recktenwalt, John Resh, Jeff Newsome, Alisha Numbers and Mike Starlin.
Two-year: Jennifer Hindman, James Young and Adam Hall.
Three-year: Chip Brookins, Dana Snyder and Robin Sundheimer.
Five-year: Sharon Davis, Ryan Irwin, Melissa Long, Molly Mann, John Oliver, Kelli Pridemore, Tim Septer, Tim Sheehy and Patsy Strimbu.
Limited non-certified support staff contracts approved for the next school year included Sally Huston, Joni Liggett, Linda Miles, Sharelle Miller, Tammi Mitchell, Linda Northrop, Carrie Rooks and Randy Wilson, all one-year; Jerry Torgler, Tristen Zesiger, Sherry Cardani and Diane Dickey, all continuing.
In other action, the Board:
- APPROVED Lisa Rest’s request to return to work as an Early Childhood instructor from a one-year medical leave of absence at the beginning of the 2010-11 school year.
- APPROVED Mitch Wise as an adult education instructor for customized industrial electricity beginning April 23.
- ACCEPTED the retirement resignation of Tom Weygandt as Farm Business Planning Analysis adult education instructor with 30 years of service.
- ACCEPTED the adult education instructor resignation of Bonnie Celuch, LPN instructor, effective March 3.
- APPROVED a list of 61 adult education full time and part-time teachers’ contracts to be non-renewed effective June 30.
- APPROVED an agreement between Buckeye Career Center Board of Education and Harrison Community Hospital as a clinical training site effective in February 2010 and renewable annually.
- APPROVED an agreement between the Board and East Holmes Local School District for the establishment of a new vocational agriculture satellite program to continue to be housed at Hiland High School effective with the start of the 2010-11 school year.
- APPROVED one make-up day for Wednesday, June 2, and a second contingency day for June 3 if warranted.
- REVISED the 2010-11 school calendar to reflect approved contingency makeup days in case of calamity days exceeding the new state law maximum of three days.
- APPROVED a revised culinary arts course of study on a 30-day review period.
- APPROVED Suzette Dinger, computer tech instructor, to attend and chaperon Mathew Cutshall, a computer technology student from Newcomerstown, to attend the National Leadership conference May 5-9 in Anaheim, CA.
- VOTED to non-renew the contract of Kristen Parker as an Early Childhood instructor.
- APPROVED the payment of bills totaling $1,223,323.58.
- HELD an executive session to discuss ongoing negotiations with the Buckeye Education Association on a new contract to replace the current three-year contract which expires June 30.
- SET the next regular meeting for May 18 at 7 p.m. in the Board office conference room.