FPS staff report
October 2, 2012
Need some greeting cards?
They are currently being produced at the Carroll Hills Industries workshop at 540 N. High St. in Carrollton where cards may be purchased at $2 each. The cards also are available at Carroll Hills School at 2167 Kensington Rd. NE, (SR 9, north of Carrollton); Carroll Hills administration office at 1182 Roswell Rd. NW (SR 39, east of Carrollton), the Carroll County Friendship Center and Ashton’s 5&10 on W. Main St.
Supt. Matt Campbell announced the production of the greeting cards at the Sept. 27 meeting of the Carroll County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Campbell told the Board the workshop employees were working on arts and crafts during downtime when Dixie Hawkins and Erna Graham came up with the greeting card idea.
Supt. Campbell also reported on the Arc of Stark County breakfast meeting he attended Sept. 14 and noted the Arc is in the process of receiving a grant from Chesapeake to provide a staff dedicated to Carroll County for advocate services.
Campbell also reported on an Ohio Department of Education workshop held Sept. 20 at the Brecksville training center covering the new curriculum standards, the new teacher evaluation system and the future of assessments.
In other business, the Board:
- APPROVED payment of $1,504.58 in the hot lunch fund;
- APPROVED payment of $69,774.36 in the Carroll County Board of DD general funds account;
- APPROVED payment of $101,301 in the Medicaid Reserve fund;
- APPROVED the 2012-13 program calendar year bus and van routes which include four a.m. and p.m. bus routes and three noon day van routes;
- APPROVED the revised teacher’s assistant job description;
- APPROVED four applications for family selected services on Ethics Council recommendations
- SET the next regular meeting for Oct. 25 at 5:30 p.m. at the administration building.