FPS staff report
April 30, 2013
The elementary principal’s contract was renewed and resignations were accepted from seven individuals by the Conotton Valley Union Local Board of Education at its April 15 meeting.
Mike Wright received a renewed three-year contact as elementary school principal effective Aug. 1, 2013, through July 31, 2016, at a current salary of $56,000.
Resignations included Deborah S. Carrothers, high school secretary effective June 1 with 39 years of service; Mike Fierbaugh, transportation supervisor and varsity basketball coach; Lindsey Tedrick, high school cheerleading coach, football and basketball; Brad Shupe, varsity volley coach; Pat Massey, high school multi media/office XP/web design /word processing/personal finance teacher who is retiring June 1 with 15 years of service; Jill Marazsky, second grade teacher, and Danielle Rainsberg, a third grade teacher, whose resignations are effective at the end of the 2012-13 school year. Marazsky has been with the school district since the 1999-2000 school year and Rainsberg, who is going to Dover schools, started with the district in the 2007-08 school year.
In other personnel items, the Board approved contract renewals for the following certified staff:
One Year – Lauren Hanstine;
Second Year – Charlene Holloway, Chandra Myers, Jill Putnam, Rob Blick, Kelli Edwards and Eric Schumacher;
Three Year – Tiffany Gardner and Keri Manbeck;
Four Year – Dawn Johnson.
The Board also approved non-renewals of all supplemental contracts except those still in progress and approved the following supplemental contracts for the 2013-14 school year:
Eric Schumacher, athletic director and head football coach; Chandra Myers, varsity girls basketball coach and varsity volleyball coach; Rob Blick, varsity golf coach; Kelli Edwards, senior class advisor and National Honor Society advisor; Dan Stotzer, sophomore class advisor and head teacher at the Junior/Senior High School; Danielle Caldwell, freshman class advisor, and Michelle Watkins, elementary head teacher.
Kortney Spidell Harmon was approved as a volunteer assistant softball coach for the 2012-13 school year.
In other business, the Board:
- APPROVED field trips for the 9th grade to attend a Grade Career Fair at Camp Muskingum FFA Camp; the 3rd grade to Akron Zoo and separate trips for the 7th and 8th grades and 5th and 6th grades to a math tournament at Quaker Dome;
- APPROVED use of Conotton Valley High School for the Sherrodsville softball League Mondays through Thursdays;
- APPROVED a senior trip to Kalahari and Cedar Point in Aurora May 16 and 17;
- APPROVED a list of 39 students for graduation set for May 26;
- APPROVED Certificates of Attendance for two exchange students, Sergio Augusto Silva Carvalo and Thiemo Schubert;
- APPROVED expenditures totaling $470,472.32;
- DISCUSSED revisions to the attendance and grading policies with no action;
- HELD a half-hour executive session to discuss personnel with no action;
- SET the next regular meeting for May 20 at 7 p.m.