FPS staff report
February 5, 2013
It’s time for high school seniors and graduates interested in applying for scholarships to contact their respective guidance departments or go on-line.
According to Mrs. Brenda Rippeth, guidance counselor at Carrollton High School, application forms are available from three different sources.
They may be obtained by contacting the guidance office at 330-627-7606, the Carrollton High School website at www.carrollton.k12.oh.us under students or the Stark County schools website at starkcf.org under non-county scholarships.
Following is a list of scholarships available for Carrollton High School and Carroll County seniors and graduates by using the Carroll Unified Scholarship Form application. The list includes eligibility and information about each scholarship.
Mrs. Rippeth said the completed application, with all attachments, is due March 1.
- Ashton Memorial Scholarships Carroll County high school seniors. Multiple awards will be given. Two recommendations are required.
- Bell-Herron Foundation Scholarships – Carrollton High School seniors or graduates who plan on attending any post-secondary education training or college.
- Carrollton Business Women Scholarship – Female seniors of Carrollton High School who wish to continue their education past the high school level in a business related field. Award will be based on the applicant’s scholarship, citizenship and need of financial assistance.
- Carroll County Farm Bureau – Carrollton High School seniors or graduates who plan on attending or have entered any accredited institution offering post-secondary education. The applicant or his/her parents/guardian must have been a Farm Bureau member for at least two years. Two letters of reference are required.
- Carroll County Historical Society – Carrollton High School seniors who plan on attending any accredited institution offering post-secondary education. Scholarship is non-renewable and recipient must submit an oral report to the membership of the Historical Society at the annual meeting in the year following the receipt of the scholarship.
- Carrollton Rotary Scholarship – Carrollton High School seniors who plan on attending any type of post-secondary education.
- Dellroy Independent Order of Odd Fellows Scholarship Carrollton High School seniors and graduates who attended Dellroy elementary. Awards will be awarded on the basis of financial need, academic achievement, leadership and school and community involvement.
- Carrollton Civic Club Scholarship – Carrollton High School seniors only.
- Dellroy Ruritan Scholarship – Carrollton High School seniors and graduates who attended Dellroy elementary school and plan on attending any type of post secondary training/education. Awards will be awarded on the basis of financial need, academic achievement, leadership and school and community involvement.
- Moyne Smith Memorial Scholarship – Carrollton High School seniors and graduates who plan on attending (or are attending) any type of post secondary training education. Awards are based upon the applicant’s character, scholarship and need for financial assistance.
- Perry Township School Memorial Scholarship – Perry Township high school seniors and graduates planning to enroll or are currently enrolled with at least a two-year course of study to pursue.
- Russel and Henry Cole Scholarship – Carrollton High School seniors planning to attend an accredited institution of study.
- Scholarship 19 – Carrollton High School graduates only who are attending a college or university to complete a Bachelor’s Degree program.
- The Richard C. and Joyce J. Hannon Scholarship Fund for the Arts, Literature and Communication – Carrollton High School seniors and graduates who are planning to enroll in college and study in the field of performing arts, which could include speech, theatre, music, drama, speech and theatre education, performance and theatre arts, and television and radio broadcasting.
Following is a list of other scholarships available at the CHS guidance office with eligibility and dates application forms are due.
- Velma Shotwell Griffin Memorial Scholarship – Students or graduates of Carrollton High School or Conotton Valley High School interested in furthering studies in the fields of history, music or writing. Applications due April 6.
- Carroll County Cattlemen’s Association – Applicant’s parents must be Association members, 4-H or FFA participants and current seniors and graduates. Applications are due July 1.
- Carroll County Firefighters Association – Applicants must be current seniors and graduates. Applications due May 1.
- Carrollton Athletic Booster Club – Applicant’s parents must be Booster Club members and applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average and score 21 on the ACT test. Applications due April 1.
- Keith Knowles Memorial Scholarship – Applicant must be active in community and church, be current seniors and graduates. Applications due March 15.
The Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio – Applicants must be graduating seniors from Carrollton High School. Include one letter of recommendation. Deadline is Feb. 21.
Following is a list of scholarship applications available on the Starkcf.org website under non-county scholarships.
- The Lola Coleman Ralston Family Memorial Scholarship available to Carrollton High School seniors and graduates who demonstrate academic merit and financial need. Deadline: March 1.
- The Church of Christ (Christian Disciples) Memorial Scholarship available to Carroll County residents who are active participants of the Church of Christ. Deadline: March 15.
- W. Bruce Umpleby Law Enforcement Scholarship Fund Available to high school students with plans to major in law enforcement. Deadline: March 15.
- The Margaret Lazer-Emma Lupher Scholarship – For AAS in Nursing at Aultman College of Nursing and Health Science or an Aultman alumna pursuing BSN or PhD in nursing, an allied field, or study toward certification in a nursing specialty. Deadline: Fall semester March 31/spring semester Oct. 31.
- Mary Kean White Memorial Scholarship Fund – Graduates of Malvern or Carrollton High School majoring in elementary education. Deadline: April 1. (Also available in CHS guidance office)
- The Loris and Merle Coe Memorial Scholarship Fund – Carroll County students who are actively involved in scouting. Deadline: April 5.
- Manzer-Keener-Wefler Scholarship Fund – Residents of Stark County or contiguous counties who are studying photography or visual arts. Deadline: May 1.