|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
I always look forward to visiting Malvern. Not just because my wonderful family lives there, but also because of its charming community and rich history. As I see it, the school is an integral part of Malvern’s community and history.
I am grateful for having attended school in Malvern. I recall the teachers who critiqued my essays and developed my math skills and the coach who helped my golf swing and confidence. Malvern’s school helped prepare me to gat a B.A. from Malone College where I played on a national championship golf team and graduated at the top of my class. My education in Malvern provided a vital foundation that helped me receive a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Notre Dame and conduct postdoctoral research at Duke University.
Now, as a professor at the University of Rhode Island, I especially appreciate the importance of having a good infrastructure in order to enhance learning. The town of Malvern has an opportunity to help the current students of Malvern and to begin a new chapter in Malvern’s history. I encourage you to vote in favor of constructing a new school in Malvern.
Dr. Robert Van Horn
Assistant Professor of Economics
Department of Economics
University of Rhode Island
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.
©2012 The Free Press Standard
Contact the webmaster at: email@example.com