|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
I’m writing in response to banning gays in the Boy Scouts of America.
Do you know that most, if not all, scout troops are sponsored by churches? Do you really think churches would sponsor a group that disregards the church’s beliefs or doctrine? I doubt it.
Would you, as a gay adult, be willing to support all the local scout troops when the churches withdraw their support? I don’t think so.
Anyhow, why would a middle class gay person be interested in teaching boys from Cub Scouts and Eagle Scouts? I just wonder at your motivation; what is your agenda? Is it just because you can cause mischief?
This is just sad.
Leave scouting alone you whiners!
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.