|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
Getting higher education was important to us as children. At the time, our family’s sole income came from the farm and we relied heavily on financial aid to make our education hopes a reality.
All four of us benefitted greatly from the Bell-Herron Scholarship funds to help us through our years of college.
Three of us graduated from The Ohio State University with degrees in agriculture and the youngest graduated from Kent State University with a degree in education. We are all doing well in our chosen careers. Without the help of scholarships, we would not have been able to attend college.
We urge the community to continue to support the Bell-Herron Scholarship fund as they strive to collect $50,000 in their 50th year of existence. Help other families send their children to college!
Mike Hamilton, Class of ‘86
Kip Hamilton, Class of ‘92
Kelli Hamilton-Pridemore, Class of ‘98
Kaci Hamilton –Eddy, Class of ’99
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.