|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
On behalf of the board of directors and all members of the Carroll County Farm Marketing Association, I wish to extend my sincerest gratitude to everyone who made the 2012 Carrollton Farmers Market a success.
Special thanks to Dollar General Market for hosting the market, John Furey for the tremendous advertising, Tom Wheaton and Bruce Burgett for their assistance and especially to the people of Carroll and surrounding counties who continue to make the market what it is today.
For 23 years, the Farmers Market has brought quality home grown, handmade and homemade items to our longtime and first-time visitors and will continue this tradition each Saturday beginning in May and lasting until the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
The market continues to thrive and grow, offering a wide variety of items, a family friendly atmosphere, the opportunity to meet and talk to the person who has grown your corn, made your pie from scratch or raised your hanging basket from a root. The wealth of information to be gathered at the market from any of the knowledgeable vendors is priceless.
With much sadness, we bid farewell to Albert Wright, one of only two vendors who has been with the market since the beginning. Albert has decided to hang up his gardening hat.
Again, thank you to everyone who had even the smallest part in making the Farmers Market “the place to be on Saturday morning!”
See you in 2013!
Carroll County Farm Marketing Association
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.