FPS logo
Sweeney-Dodds logo
Home
Accent
Business
Church
Classifieds
Sports
School
Deaths
Opinion
News
Forms
Upcoming Events
Area news
Contact
Archive
Obituaries

Lois J. Green

A funeral service for Lois J. Green, 83 of Newark was held Monday, February 21, 2011, in the Church of God, God’s Acres, 675 N. Cedar Street with Pastor Roger L. Decker and her son, Pastor Lee Green, officiating. Burial was in Wilson Cemetery.

Green died February 17, 2011, in Carroll Health Care Center in Carrollton. She was born May 14, 1927 in Delaware, OH, to the late Phillip Earl and Freda Pearl (Forrest) Nicholson.

Sje was a graduate of the 1948 class of St. Francis School of Nursing. She continued her nursing career for 32 years working in several area nursing homes until her retirement in 1980. Several of her family members have careers in the medical field from her influence on their lives. She was active in several businesses with her husband including; Charlie Brown’s Pizza Shop in Zanesville, S & L Trucking, L J  Produce and  Farm Markets. She was a member of Church of God, God’s Acres. She served as the nurse for many years at camp meetings. She will be remembered by her family for her wonderful storytelling talents.  Mrs. Green was a loving mother, and shared her love of gardening with her children.

She is survived by her sons, Charles Green, Jr. of Newark, Lee (Debbie) Green of Morgantown, W.Va., Steve (Barb) Green of Newark and William Green of Heath; daughters Christina Jogerst of Malvern, Lois (Mike) Fry of Carrollton, Beth (Philip) Kaufholz of Canton, Carla (Jeff) McNabb of Carrollton; 32 grandchildren; 42 great grandchildren; a twin sister, Phyllis Alfrey of Utica;  brother, William (Mary) Nicholson of Lakewood, OH.; numerous nieces and nephews.

In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Charles R. Green, Sr., whom died August 2, 2009; three infant daughters, one grandson and one great-grandson.

Calling hours were held Feb. 20, from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Vensil-Orr & Chute Funeral Home, 1850 West Main Street. Additional calling hours were observed Feb. 19 from 2 to 3 p.m. and a service beginning at 3 p.m. at the Carrollton Church of God, 371 Moody Avenue, SW,  Carrollton.

The family requests contributions to the Community Hospice of Carroll County, 1040 Trump Road, Suite B, Carrollton, Ohio 44615.

Additional information and guestbook are available at www.vocfh.com


©2011 The Free Press Standard
Contact the webmaster at: bevans@freepressstandard.com

This website is best viewed in:
Firefox 3