FPS logo
Sweeney-Dodds logo
Upcoming Events
Legal Notices
Are you an aspiring politician? Variety of offices to be voted on this fall

FPS staff report

Ever consider seeking an elective office?

If so, petitions are now available for the November 2013 election of two trustees from each of Carroll County’s 14 townships, seats on local and area Boards of Education and expiring terms on local and area village councils.

Petitions for these elective offices are to be filed by Aug. 7 at 4 p.m., according to Amanda Tubaugh, director of elections.

The filing fee for township trustee posts, Boards of Education and village council seats is $30 and candidates are urged to get their petitions early.

Petitions of candidates seeking election to one of the Boards of Trustee posts or area boards of education require 25 valid signatures.

Candidates filing for Carrollton Village council seats must obtain 50 valid signatures, while those in Dellroy, Leesville, Malvern and Sherrodsville require only 10 valid signatures, Board of Election officials said.

Township Trustees
As previously mentioned, terms of two trustees are expiring Dec. 31, 2013, in each of Carroll County’s 14 townships. They include:

Augusta, Brown, Center, East, Fox, Harrison, Lee, Loudon, Monroe, Orange, Perry, Rose, Union and Washington.

Boards of Education
Two seats on the Carrollton, Brown Local, Conotton Valley Union Local, Osnaburg and Sandy Valley Boards of Education, along with three seats on the Edison Local, Harrison Hills and Minerva Boards of Education.

Terms expiring on area Educational Service Center (ESC) Boards include 1 to elect on the East Central Ohio ESC for Carroll, (Carrollton and Conotton Valley), and 3 each on the Columbiana County ESC (Southern Local), Jefferson County ESC (Edison Local) and Stark County ESC (Brown Local, Minerva, Osnaburg and Sandy Valley.

Village Offices
Four seats are expiring on village councils in Carrollton, Dellroy, Leesville, Malvern, Sherrodsville and Magnolia, while only two terms are expiring on Minerva Village Council.

One member is to be elected to the Board of Public Affairs if the village has one, according to Mrs. Tubaugh.

Petitions for all of the offices listed above may be picked up at the Carroll County Board of Elections office located on the ground level of the Carroll County Courthouse in Carrollton during normal business hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Comment on this story
Before You Post

The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.

  • However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
  • Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
  • Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
  • Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
  • Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
  • Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
  • This is your forum, with your opinions.

These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.

Plans unveiled for new motel
County commissioners, health department sorting out details of building ownership
Relay organizers planning big birthday party!
Are you an aspiring politician? Variety of offices to be voted on this fall