FPS staff report
April 22, 2013
In conjunction with National Stroke Awareness Month in May, Aultman is inviting the community to attend a free event dedicated to stroke awareness and prevention.
The Stop Stroke event will be held Thursday, May 16 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Compassionate Care Center, located at 2821 Woodlawn Avenue on the Aultman Woodlawn campus.
The Stop Stroke event will include:
* Information on stroke prevention, warning signs, risk factors and more.
* Health screenings including blood pressure and body mass index.
* Home safety hints.
* Information on Aultman programs including Diabetes Education, Lifeline home monitoring, Aultman Weight Management, Aultman Woodlawn and the “Give It Up!” tobacco cessation program.
* Healthy snacks and eating tips.
* Tours of the Compassionate Care Center inpatient hospice facility.
* 1 p.m. panel discussion with experts on stroke care, home safety, dietary modification and physical therapy.
* 1:30 p.m. presentation by Ned Nafziger, M.D., on post-stroke and maintaining functional mobility.
Free parking will be available at the Compassionate Care Center, located behind the Aultman Woodlawn building.
Space at the Stop Stroke event is limited. Call 330-479-4871 to make a reservation.